What does KLAR do?
Klar is a Mexican fintech startup whose mission is to democratize and revolutionize the way in which financial services have been delivered so far in Mexico, especially since half of the population doesn’t have a bank account. We have had more than 1 million users since 2021!
We are changing this scenario by offering a tech product that allows users to manage their money through a mobile and web application. Users can withdraw or deposit money from any cash machine, they can also use the card in stores and even do online payments. We don’t have any branches, everything is done and managed through the app.
Our product roadmap includes offering loans and credit for a larger group of clients based on our very sophisticated credit modeling.
Life at Klar
We have a very international team with more than 30 nationalities working from Mexico City, Berlin, and remotely. Our founder Stefan Moller is also half German and Mexican, which allowed Klar to think globally since its inception.
This position is to be performed onsite in our México office.
Your daily adventures will be
The Corporate Accounting Senior Manager will share responsibility for the general accounting function of the organization. It includes ensuring proper overall general ledger accounting in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS. Will oversee accounts payables and is a key preparer of closing process adjustments, account reconciliations, etc. This position will report to our Director of Finance & Accounting.
- Elaborate and review financial statement consolidations.
- Manage multi-currency operations.
- Manage general accounting (accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, inter-company transactions).
- Assist in preparing US GAAP and IFRS financial statements, which includes data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes including settlement receivables and payables, banks, payment processor, and source systems.
- Manage month-end close processes to ensure accounting entries and processes are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensure that financial information is recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP and IFRS and applicable regulations and consistent with established company policy and procedures.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary based on performance and experience
- 15 Vacation days
- 30 days of Christmas bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Stock options
- Flexible work environment, with a hybrid model
- Extended maternity and paternity leave
- A modern office with Snacks and drinks
- International work environment with amazing and highly skilled people
- A world class team that helps you evolve your skills in areas you're interested in
- An opportunity to have a real impact in one of the most exciting emerging markets
We trust our highly skilled and diverse team and we’re committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for new talents to flourish. We value diversity and welcome all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!